I am Devdatta Kulkarni. I build tools and frameworks that make life easier for software developers (devs). Specific areas that I focus on are – web applications, cloud platforms, containers, access control models, provenance models, NoSQL systems.
Checkout the blog for articles relevant for software developers and software development in today’s world of clouds.
CloudARK – Cloud Extension to Docker. Non-hosted alternative to Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) solutions.
Key Research Papers:
- Application CI/CD on OpenStack – Building a Solution Using Jenkins and OpenStack Solum (OpenStack Summit Austin 2016)
In this work we investigated how to build a continuous integration / continuous delivery solution for Docker-based containerized applications using OpenStack Solum and Jenkins.
- Provenance Issues in Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) model of cloud computing (USENIX HotCloud 2015)
In this research I investigated issues related to provenance, auditability, tracking in Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) model of cloud computing
- A Provenance model for Key-value Systems (USENIX TaPP 2013)
In this research I investigated provenance issues in NoSQL systems such as Cassandra and MongoDB.
- A fine-grained access control model for key-value systems (ACM CODASPY 2013)
In this work I investigated how to build fine-grained access control models for non-relational key-value stores (NoSQL systems) such as Cassandra, HBase, MongoDB.
- Context-aware role-based access control in pervasive computing systems (ACM SACMAT 2008)
In this work we presented a role-based access control model for context-aware applications.
- CloudARK open source project – Non-hosted alternative to Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) solutions. It is a Cloud extension to Docker.
- Project Team Lead (PTL) of OpenStack Solum – Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) project for OpenStack
- Guide for OpenStack Outreachy internships
- Guide for UT Austin’s Bridging Disciplines Program
- I am Adjunct Assistant Professor in Computer Science department at UT Austin. I teach CS 378 – Modern Web Applications (Fall 2017, Fall 2016, Spring 2016, Spring 2015, Fall 2014)
- Coming: Cloud Computing (Spring 2018)
I earned PhD in Computer Science from the University of Minnesota at Minneapolis.
Contact: kulkarni dot devdatta at gmail dot com